Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sunday Advertisements

I don't understand why stores don't make it easier to see their weekly ads. I check the weekly ads for the local electronics sellers every Sunday - Best Buy, Compusa, Staples, Circuit City & Office Depot.

I takes 4-7 clicks to see the weekly ad in the format that I want (HTML - Large). The Flash interface on the Ads is very annoying. Shouldn't these retailers be falling all over themselves trying to make it easy for their customers to see their ad?

Here's an example:

1. got to www.compusa.com
2. Click on Advertised Specials
3. Click on HTML (also labeled as Dial-Up)
4. Enter my Zip Code
5. Choose HTML (again)
6. Click on Ad to start viewing it
7. Click to see the Ad in the Large Size

Best Buy is better in that it only takes 4 clicks, but they launch the Ad in a new browser window which stinks.

Circuit city takes only 4 clicks and their Large setting is the Largest! Too bad, the Circuit City store near me is so run down and depressing looking.

I don't know why my zip code is not remembered - other cookies seem to work fine.

When will they start sending me an email with a customized link to their weekly ad in the format I prefer - one click and bam! I'm seeing their ad.

No comments: